In the translation of the Bible I normally use, the ungodly are referred to as the wicked. This devotion is to shed some light on the truth about those living ungodly lives.
If someone continues to live in an ungodly way, God will only put up with that for a season. Things might be going well for them now, but they will drastically change for their eternity.
The wicked are too proud to seek God. They seem to think that God is dead. They think, “Nothing bad will ever happen to us! We will be free of trouble forever!” Psalm 10:4,6
In this Psalm, David’s description of the ungodly paints a picture of how they think and act.
- Their mouths are full of cursing, lies, and threats.
- Trouble and evil are on the tips of their tongues.
- They lurk in ambush in the villages, waiting to murder innocent people.
- They are always searching for helpless victims.
- Like lions crouched in hiding, they wait to pounce on the helpless.
- Like hunters they capture the helpless and drag them away in nets. Psalm 10:7-9
Are Things Different Today?
In David’s day, the people he was talking about were power-hungry people. Things haven’t changed much. These same types of people today crave the almighty dollar which in their minds means power.
They give very little thought about God. Our verse for today says some of them believe God is dead. Others have a different opinion of Him.
The wicked think, “God isn’t watching us! He has closed his eyes and won’t even see what we do!” Psalm 10:11
Does God care about the ungodly? Absolutely! They are a part of His creation. David asked why they get away with their sinful or evil actions. But then he answered his question in the next sentence.
Why do the wicked get away with despising God? They think, “God will never call us to account.” Psalm 10:13
The Eternal Truth About Those Living Ungodly Lives
We’ve seen how the ungodly act and how they think. Now let’s turn to the truth; the truth about those living ungodly lives.
God has laid out His plan for all mankind for all eternity. Many will ignore or refuse to take God’s plan seriously.
The Lord will bring circumstances and people their way at times to point them toward Him. Often though, they choose to look another way.
Their success, pride, or selfishness will convince them that life is good and they need nothing else, especially God. No matter what or how they choose, the Lord will always have the final word.
The Lord is king forever and ever! The godless nations will vanish from the land. Psalm 10:16
As Christians, we must make sure that ungodliness does not enter into our way of life. If we allow it to, it can spread like spiritual cancer. When going to the Lord in prayer, make asking forgiveness a regular habit.
When Jesus taught His disciples to pray, He included this line, “. . . and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us.”
Maybe you need to ask God’s forgiveness. If so read this related post, What’s The Best Way To Seek Forgiveness Of Sin?
Lord, today we pray for the ungodly people who regularly cross our paths. Continue to give them opportunities to look to you. Also, Lord, forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us.
Check out these related posts about some truths on the scriptures
- Here Is The Truth About Jealous And Selfish Ways
- Everything In The Bible Is True Including Lies
- Dealing With The Truth And Only The Truth.
How are you living? Check out these related posts.
- Unashamedly Living The Tough Truths Of The Gospel
- Enjoying The Benefits Of Living A Godly Life
- How To Present Your Body As A Living Sacrifice
- Living Under The Shadow Of His Wings
- To Obey Is Better Than Sacrifice
- Enjoy Life To The Fullest
- Living The New Life
- Righteous People Walk In The Paths Of The Lord
It’s only 18 verse long, so take some time to read Psalm 10.
To receive each new devotional post delivered to your inbox, subscribe below by giving us your first name and email address.