Do you like to eat? If you answered yes to that question, you definitely don’t want to miss going to heaven. In chapter 25, Isaiah gives us a peak into the end times.
In Jerusalem, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies will spread a wonderful feast for all the people of the world. Isaiah 25:6
Isaiah must have wondered what some of the things he wrote about meant. Think about the beginning of this chapter; he wrote it in the past tense, like it had already happened.
O Lord, I will honor and praise your name, for you are my God. You do such wonderful things! You planned them long ago, and now you have accomplished them. Isaiah 25:1
Do you have similar thoughts as Isaiah did? Even though God hasn’t accomplished some things yet, you still honor and praise Him, proclaiming Him as your God.
Or do you need to wait until the Lord does something magnificent before you acknowledge Him? Isaiah went a step further and turned the conversation to future tense.
You turn mighty cities into heaps of ruins. Cities with strong walls are turned to rubble. Beautiful palaces in distant lands disappear and will never be rebuilt. Isaiah 25:2
Nations Declare God’s Glory
In the next verse, the prophet said that for those reasons, strong nations will declare His glory. Also, nations led by ruthless leaders will fear Him. Look how their actions affect others.
For the oppressive acts of ruthless people are like a storm beating against a wall, or like the relentless heat of the desert. Isaiah 25:4-5
God, however, takes care of those oppressed by these ruthless people. In verse 3, Isaiah mentioned the word “refuge” three times.
But you are a tower of refuge to the poor, O Lord, a tower of refuge to the needy in distress. You are a refuge from the storm and a shelter from the heat. Isaiah 25:3
While the Lord gives refuge to the needy and those in distress, He silences the oppressors.
But you silence the roar of foreign nations. As the shade of a cloud cools relentless heat, so the boastful songs of ruthless people are stilled. Isaiah 25:5
Then Isaiah said that the Lord would host a wonderful feast for everyone in the world. Since it takes place in Jerusalem, it will probably happen after Jesus sets up His kingdom on the earth.
Blessings Written in Isaiah 25
When Jesus rules the earth, He will do much more than just throw a banquet. Take a look;
- There he will remove the cloud of gloom, the shadow of death that hangs over the earth.
- He will swallow up death forever!
- The Sovereign Lord will wipe away all tears.
- He will remove forever all insults and mockery against his land and people.
- The Lord has spoken! Isaiah 25:7-8
Unlike the doubts and skepticism in the world today, during His reign, attitudes will change. And the Lord’s hand of blessing will rest on Jerusalem.
In that day the people will proclaim, “This is our God! We trusted in him, and he saved us! This is the Lord, in whom we trusted. Let us rejoice in the salvation he brings!” Isaiah 25:9
Then Isaiah ended this chapter by speaking about Moab. Moab appears to be the representative name given to describe the enemies of God and His people.
- But Moab will be crushed.
- It will be like straw trampled down and left to rot.
- God will push down Moab’s people as a swimmer pushes down water with his hands.
- He will end their pride and all their evil works.
- The high walls of Moab will be demolished. They will be brought down to the ground, down into the dust. Isaiah 25:10-12
During the Millennium reign of Christ, all these things that Isaiah wrote about will happen on a large scale. From a worldwide banquet to the destruction of God’s enemies.
I hope your eternal plans include reigning with the Lord during that time. But you don’t need to wait until that time to receive blessings of that kind from God.
Call on the Lord Today
Today, you can reach out to Him. As He sits at God’s right hand, He’s waiting for you to call upon Him. He may not do things on a big scale today, but He does care about you.
- Call out to Jesus, your tower of refuge, if you are poor or poor in spirit.
- To those needy and in distress, look to Him, your tower of refuge.
- You can find refuge in Him when going through the storms of life.
- And when the enemy turns up the heat, run to Him for shelter.
When the end times come, we will totally depend on the Lord. So why not practice depending on Him now so you are ready when that time comes?
Lord, we look forward to when you will rule over the earth. Please help us to always trust in and depend on you.
Check out these other related posts out of the Book of Isaiah
- There Is One God, A Fact That Will Never Change
- Living In The End Times Enjoying Great Reunions
- The Destruction of the Earth
- He Gives Power To The Weak
- Called By God For The Glory Of God
- Why Question God, He Is The Lord?
- The Glory Of The Lord
- When Is The End Of Time?
- We Are Made In The Image Of God
To receive each new devotional post delivered to your inbox, subscribe below by giving us your first name and email address.